The first SFT conference was held at the Arnold Sommerfeld
Institute, Munich, March 24–28, 2008. The purpose of the SFT'09
conference is to provide a stimulating environment for scientific
discussion on new developments in string field theory and related
The SFT'09 conference will take place on April 12–19, 2009 in Steklov
Mathematical Institute of RAS, Moscow, Russia.
- The related topics to be covered are:
- Conformal field theory,
- strings and cosmology,
- trans-Planckian collisions,
- topological field models,
- topological string models,
- selected topics of non-local field theories,
- effective field theory of p-adics strings.
- Organizing Committee:
- I. Ya. Aref'eva (Chair person),
V. V. Belokurov,
R. V. Gorbachev (Scientific Secretary),
P. B. Medvedev,
M. A. Vasil'ev.
- Contributions and Proceedings
- Invited and short talks are scheduled.
Short talks will be selected by the Organizing Committee on the
basis of abstracts to be submitted before March 1, 2009.
The Conference Proceedings will be published, a special circular
with the instructions for authors will be sent out later on.
- Participation and fees
- The registration fees are 100 Euro for participants (50 Euro for
students) and 50 Euro for accompanying persons payable in cash upon
arrival only. It includes Proceedings, welcome party and
The deadline for applications is February 28, 2009.
- Social program
- The Organizing Committee is planning to arrange a sightseeing of
Moscow, visits to the museums, theaters, etc. and to the famous
sites in the countryside for extra charge. A special social program
for the accompanying persons can also be organized.
- Travel information
- The arrival day is April 12, the departure day is April 19. The
detailed travel information will be sent out later to the registered
- For application – February 28, 2009.
For submission of your talks – March 1, 2009.
- Those who wish to participate in the Conference should either fill
in the enclosed registration form and send it to the Organizing
Committee by e-mail or use the electronic registration. We recommend
you to use the electronic registration.
- All correspondence concerning the Conference should be addressed to
the Secretary of the Conference Roman Gorbachev.
Fax: +7(499) 135 05 55
(with mark "SFT2009")
Steklov Mathematical Institute,
Gubkina 8, Moscow, 119991, Russia